- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM/Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
The Client was founded to bring the world the best possible portable cannabis vaporizer. The Client did just that by using the most advanced technology and its knowledge of what the community wants. With their product, they offer the industry’s most awarded portable vaporizer. With their products, it offers an unparalleled connected & precise experience. The Client aims to push the boundaries in cannabis concentrate consumption with cutting edge technology and new product development. It has combined experiences from varied professional backgrounds to create a very driven, unique and warm team.
At the time of the Client’s ERP search, it was using Quickbooks as their backend accounting system. Quickbooks was connected to other software applications such as Shopify and SalesForce. As the Client continued to grow and expand its product line, it needed to upgrade to an ERP system with more features, improved reliability, and enhanced integrations opportunities. This is when the Client engaged with Logan Consulting to search for an ERP solution that would fill Quickbook’s functionality gaps. After reviewing both Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and Acumatica, the Client decided to move forward with an Acumatica implementation.
Before beginning the implementation, Logan Consulting led a Scoping and Planning effort to determine the full scope of the project, which included integrations with other solutions. The deliverables for this phase included project documents such as a project plan, resource matrix, and project charter. Once the scoping and planning portion of the project was completed and signed off on, the rest of the implementation project started for the following modules in Acumatica:
- Accounts Payable
- Bank Feeds
- Deferred Expense Management
- Sales Orders
- Accounts Receivable
- Fixed Assets
Logan Consulting employed the methodology to successfully implement Acumatica for the Client.
- Once the scoping and planning phase was completed and signed off on, Logan led the Core Team Training. Logan trained the Acumatica users on the general functionality of Acumatica in the modules listed above.
- The Client used the knowledge gained from training and paired it with their knowledge of current business processes to design new business processes the modules above in Acumatica. Logan started with current-state processes that the Client currently executed and made changes for best practice and employed the improved functionality with Acumatica. Logan created Microsoft Visio flows along with process narratives as a deliverable for this step.
- Once processes were finalized, Logan provided the Client with templates to migrate data from the Client (chart of accounts, vendors, customers, GL history, etc.) to Acumatica.
- With data in the system, the Client created step-by-step work procedures that detailed the steps to be taken in Acumatica to satisfy the designed processes. Logan and the Client held workshops to complete these procedures. Logan created a generic work procedure for the process in question. The Client and Logan worked together to adjust the procedures to the Client’s specifications, with the Client ultimately signing off on the final procedure.
- The developed work procedures were used during Conference Room Pilot to test the system to make sure everything flowed as expected and there were no issues with executing the designed business processes.
- Once Conference Room Pilot was signed off on, the Client and Logan worked together to migrate all relevant live data from Quickbooks, Shopify, SalesForce, etc. This includes open payables, open receivables, open purchase orders, open sales orders, inventory quantities, and more.
- Logan provided post-launch support for any issues that came up. The Client would report issues on an issue tracker while Logan would work with the relevant parties to resolve the issue.
- Removal and replacement of Quickbooks.
- More automated interconnectivity between Acumatica and its other applications. This includes:
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness of existing business processes.
- Reduce time and effort spent on unnecessary tasks, such as double entry, to free up time for other value-added activities.
- Improved accuracy and effectiveness of reporting across all areas of the business.