- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM/Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
The company is a custom publishing and content marketing agency that develops integrated marketing strategies to help clients build relationships and increase engagement with customers.
The company had multiple systems to manage financials and project analysis. Business Central provided them the opportunity to merge multiple solutions into 1 ERP solution, and after 2 demos, they discovered Business Central was the best choice for them. They want to utilize jobs in Business Central along with Payables, Receivables, Banking, and General Ledger.
- After the proposal was signed, Logan Consulting created scoping and planning documents (Project Charter and Project Plan) to identify the scope of the project and plan out the implementation.
- Once the plan and charter were signed off on, Logan led Core Team Training. Logan trained the Business Central users on the general functionality of Business Central in the relevant modules.
- The client used the knowledge gained from training and paired it with their knowledge of current Business Central processes to design business processes for Jobs, Payables, Receivables, Cash Management, and General Ledger. Logan created Microsoft Visio flows along with process narratives as a deliverable for this step.
- Once processes were finalized, Logan provided the client with templates to migrate data from their current system (chart of accounts, customers, vendors, jobs, and GL history) to Business Central. The client also assisted Logan with finishing the setup of Business Central by providing direction for setup screens and system defaults.
- With data in the system, the client created step-by-step work procedures that detailed the steps to be taken in Business Central to accomplish the designed processes.
- These work procedures were used during Conference Room Pilot to test the system to make sure everything flowed as expected, and there were no issues with executing business processes.
- Once Conference Room Pilot was signed off on, the client brought over open payables, open receivables, open jobs, YTD job activity from their current system, and Logan imported them into Business Central to start using this software going forward.
- Logan provided some post-launch support for any issues that came up.
- Migrating general ledger history to Business Central was an ongoing task over the next several months, as the client had to engage the other family office that they used to be associated with to get the data.
Logan Consulting helped this client successfully design, implement, and use Business Central as a replacement for the previously used Quickbooks software. This transition resulted in improved efficiency and effectiveness of business processes, as well as increased reporting capabilities for this organization.
About Logan Consulting
Logan Consulting is a leading consulting firm based in Chicago that specializes in strategy, project management, ERP and CRM implementation, and training. For almost three decades, we have helped clients identify problems and create solutions for business processes because of our objective, unbiased analysis and our project work. If you are interested in learning more about how we can help support your company, reach out to an expert today.