- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM/Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
The company was established over 35 years ago and is a family-owned business. This client is a distribution company that specializes in custom space planning for refrigerated equipment, shelving solutions and display systems.
The company was using a combination of Quickbooks and home-grown systems as their back-end accounting system. The disparate systems were creating inefficiencies, redundant data entry, and a lack of reporting and metrics. Therefore, Logan Consulting reviewed options with the client, engaging in discussions and discovery of using Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. After reviewing their options, they determined that Business Central would be a good fit for their organization. The company utilizes General Ledger, Payables, Receivables, Banking, Sales Orders and Shipping, Purchase Orders and Receiving, Inventory Control, Assembly, and Jobs.
Logan Consulting employed the methodology to successfully implement Business Central for the company:
- After the proposal was signed, Logan Consulting created scoping and planning documents (Project Charter and Project Plan) to identify the scope of the project and plan out the implementation.
- Once the plan and charter were signed off on, Logan led Core Team Training. Logan trained the Business Central users on the general functionality of BC in the relevant modules.
- The client used the knowledge gained from training and paired it with their knowledge of current BC processes to design business processes for General Ledger, Payables, Receivables, Banking, Sales Orders and Shipping, Purchase Orders and Receiving, Inventory Control, Assembly, and Jobs. Logan created Microsoft Visio flows along with process narratives as a deliverable for this step.
- Once processes were finalized, Logan provided the company’s users with templates to migrate data from their current systems (chart of accounts, vendors, customers, items, GL history, etc.) to BC.
- With data in the system, the client created step-by-step work procedures that detailed the steps to be taken in BC to accomplish the designed processes.
- Logan also customized the system for the company to meet their unique needs. A total weight calculation was added to Sales Orders to assist with shipping calculations. A surcharge calculation was also added to Sales Orders due to increased shipping costs from items ordered abroad. Finally, a customization was developed to auto-assign the User ID entering a sales quote or sales order.
- The developed work procedures were used during Conference Room Pilot to test the system to make sure everything flowed as expected and there were no issues with executing the designed business processes.
- Once Conference Room Pilot was signed off on, the client and Logan worked together to migrate all relevant data from Quickbooks. This includes open payables, open receivables, open purchase orders, open sales orders, open jobs, and open jobs history.
- Logan provided some post-launch support for any issues that came up.
- A new instance of Business Central to replace Quickbooks and home-grown systems.
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness of business processes.