- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM/Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
A highly diversified manufacturing company completed a successful implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management with Logan Consulting providing business process, Dynamics 365, and project management expertise.
Our client is a diversified manufacturing company with locations in the USA and Asia. Founded in 1907, our client has grown to approximately $100 million in annual revenue. Our client is headquartered in Brooklyn Park, MN and has a combined workforce of 160 employees across its corporate offices and all four operation divisions.
Prior to implementing Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management, our client was running a customized ERP for nearly 20 years. In early 2019, our client ultimately decided that moving to a more modern cloud-based software platform would bring their business into the future and provide more flexibility for growth.
Logan Consulting was engaged during our client’s initial ERP evaluation/selection project. Our client was looking for a cloud-based ERP that would need minimal customizations to support business requirements. Through the course of this project, it was determined that Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management was the best fit for our client’s business needs. Our client decided to continue the partnership with Logan Consulting to lead the Dynamics 365 implementation.
Logan Consulting and our client developed a strong partnership throughout the implementation that kicked-off with a scoping and planning phase in October of 2019. After gathering all requirements and identifying a detailed scope of work and project plan, our client and Logan Consulting immediately kicked off the next phases of the implementation project. The project ultimately resulted in all 5 of our client’s legal entities going live with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management in April of 2021.
The basic components of the implementation consisted of the following:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management for all business processes
- BlueStar PLM for CAD integrations and engineering change management
- SK Global’s Treasury Automation Suite for cash management and payment automation
- SPS Commerce for EDI
- MediusFlow for AP Automation
- Blue Horseshoe Supply Chain – Cloud for FedEx/UPS integration
- CCH SureTax for tax automation
- Power Platform
- Power BI for Business Intelligence
- Office 365
By implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management, our client was able to recognize the following results and benefits:
- Ability to fully eliminate licensing and maintenance of the legacy ERP
- Eliminated the risk of hardware and software failure by moving to the Cloud
- Full integration with Microsoft Office, increasing productivity in data entry
- Flexible custom report design by business users instead of developers
- Implemented full license plate tracking and warehouse management functionality to make warehouse operations less manual and more accurate
- Opportunity for continuous process improvements and ability to enhance user experience along with the evolution of Microsoft technologies
About Logan Consulting
Logan Consulting is a leading consulting firm with strengths in strategy, project management, business process design, ERP and CRM implementation, recruitment and training. Since 1992, our business process-based delivery techniques and tools have helped our clients build a solid business process and information technology foundation to support their business. Our clients count on us for objective, unbiased analysis, recommendations and project work. To learn more and hear what our customers are saying about us, please visit our website (www.logan-consulting.com).
Logan Consulting is headquartered in Chicago, IL with global services reach.