Purchasing Policies in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Posted on: April 10, 2017 | By: Jarrod Kraemer | Microsoft Dynamics AX/365
Authored by: Dave Occhionero
Microsoft defines a purchasing policy as a collection of policy rules. This policy can be assigned to multiple organizations within AX and can be assigned very easily by selecting an organization from a list. I wanted to dive into each purchase rule and provide a high level overview for each. You will notice that there are options on each rule to:
1. Create a policy rule
2. Retire a policy rule
3. Change the dates of policy rules
1. Catalog policy rule– Shows which catalog is active for the selected policy rule.
2. Category access policy rule – This is used to manage employees’ access to specific categories. You can select and remove as necessary.
3. Category Policy Rule- Determine what is required for particular categories.
4. Re-approval for purchase orders – This rule dictates what fields require a re-approval when they are changed.
5. Purchase requisition RFQ rules- This rule is created when we want to use the Request for Quote functionality from a Purchase Requisition. (Remember Request for Quotations that come from Purchase Requisitions can only be created from Purchase Requisitions and cannot be manually added)
6. Purchase requisition control rule- This rule allows additional validation on purchase requisition fields.
7. Requisition purpose rule- This rule is established to state how we satisfy our demand for requisitions.
8. Replenishment category access policy rule- This rule determines which products are available on the Purchase requisition when we have a replenishment purchase requisition.
9. Replenishment control rule- This controls what values are required for executing replenishment purchase requisitions.
10. Purchase order creation and demand consolidation – This rule determines what policy rules will be used when a purchase order is generated from a purchase requisition.
For additional information please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or (312) 345-8817.
All the best!
25 Brilliant Ideas to Outsmart Your Competition with Microsoft Dynamics
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology