- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM/Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
An international distributor of thermoplastic resin completed a successful implementation of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management with Logan Consulting providing business process, Dynamics 365, and project management expertise.
Our client is a Northbrook, IL based organization that provides international distribution of thermoplastic resin. For over 70 years, our client has delivered innovative sourcing and supply chain solutions to clients. Our client’s operations are focused on plants in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Both the US and Canada locations were involved with this implementation.
Our client was running a highly customized version of Epicor that was beginning to impede our client’s ability to grow in their digital transformation journey. They required a modern software platform that would provide them choice, agility, and speed to market. Due to rapid global growth through multiple acquisitions, our client needed a unifying platform to roll new business units onto.
After a false start to implement with another partner, our client engaged Logan Consulting to manage the project and implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management, working hand-in-hand with a client project manager, business analyst and project team of various subject matter experts.
Logan Consulting and our client developed a strong partnership throughout the implementation project that kicked-off in July 2018 and culminated with both sites going live in February 2021. Our client focused on maximizing automation in as many places as possible. Our client’s goal for this project was not to cut costs. Their vision was to create a better, more effective employee experience that would ultimately deliver a better customer experience.
The basic components of the implementation consisted of the following:
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management for all business processes
- Concur for Expense Management
- Transportation Management System
- MHX and MH2Go
- Adaptive Insights
- Power Platform
- Office 365
- Workspaces in Dynamics 365
By implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management, our client was able to recognize the following results and benefits:
- Disposition of the legacy ERP licensing and maintenance which hindered our client’s agility and choice
- Eliminated the risk of hardware and software failure by moving to the Cloud
- Empowered their people to be more engaged and establish their “next normal”
- Implemented sales orders in the way their customer’s think about their own orders, allowing them to sell in multiple units of measure
- Move forward in their ongoing digital transformation
About Logan Consulting
Logan Consulting is a leading consulting firm with strengths in strategy, project management, business process design, ERP and CRM implementation, recruitment, and training. Since 1992, our business process-based delivery techniques and tools have helped our clients build a solid business process and information technology foundation to support their business. Our clients count on us for objective, unbiased analysis, recommendations, and project work. To learn more and hear what our customers are saying about us, please visit our website (www.loganconsulting.com).
Logan Consulting is headquartered in Chicago, IL with global services reach.