- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM/Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
Rail road materials supplier teams with Logan Consulting to integrate a customer satisfaction survey on Microsoft Dynamics AX that gets emailed to customers after a successful shipment.
Our client is a railroad supply company based out of Salt Lake City Utah. Their core business involves the sale of new and used railroad supplies such as rail ties and tie plugs. In addition to product sales, they offers services in the form of track removal/salvage and custom welding.
The client wanted to improve their customer engagement and decided that using a customer survey to rate a customer’s experience would be ideal. Not only was this a way to interact with customers post-sale, but it provided an opportunity to gather additional data to improve operations.
The Logan Consulting Solution
Since a customer survey is not included with standard AX functionality, the client partnered with Logan Consulting to implement an integration between AX and a survey service. After an initial requirements gathering session with members from both teams, the survey logic was clear. We would need to build logic that emails a customer contact a survey 7 days after a customer’s sales order has been invoiced. The survey should only be sent to a contact only once every 365 days regardless of the number of shipments that have been sent to the customer. The email had to be automatic, and we also needed an area to check the status of an email
As a result of the modification, customer engagement at A & K Railroad has improved
- Surveys are being distributed to customers based on the parameters listed above
- The client is now able to collect detailed information about their customer’s experience, and can use the results to improve business process or product offering
- The ability to automatically email these surveys as part of an AX job reduces maintenance
- The table showing the customer’s survey status allows for manual intervention if needed
Improving your insurance claims processing can be easy. Logan Consulting, your Chicago-based consulting firm, has helped clients across the nation find their full potential every day. Stop losing revenue opportunities and start managing your company efficiently. Talk to us and watch your digital transformation begin.