How Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management Can Help Food & Beverage Companies Improve Traceability
The food and beverage industry is vast and multifaceted, catering to millions of consumers daily. However, with this massive scale comes a critical need for traceability — the ability to track any product, from its origin to its consumption. Whether it’s about ensuring food safety, complying with regulations, or meeting consumer demand for transparency, traceability is critical. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance can boost traceability capabilities for food and beverage companies.
Here are five ways Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management can help food & beverage companies improve traceability
1. Centralized Data Management:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management centralization ensures all procurement, production, distribution, and sales data are stored in one unified system, making tracing a product’s journey effortless.
2. Comprehensive Item Tracing Procedure:
Using Microsoft Dynamics 365, companies can effectively trace items both backward and forward:
- To trace an item backward using a known batch number, navigate to Inventory Management> Inquiries and reports > Tracking dimensions > Item tracing. By entering the specific item number and selecting a batch, the system reveals its entire journey backward, right up to its source.
- Forward tracing starts by identifying an item and tracing its movement ahead. This can be instrumental in understanding how a product gets distributed and eventually sold. Such procedures provide insights into impacted customers, affected sales orders, and more, providing a granular level of detail that is invaluable in the food and beverage sector.
3. Integration with IoT:
By integrating Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management with IoT devices, real-time data can be fed into the system, further enhancing traceability.
4. Vendor and Supplier Management:
Maintaining a detailed record of vendors and suppliers becomes invaluable in the traceability chain. This detailed record can rapidly identify and communicate with specific suppliers to ensure rapid issue resolution.
5. In-depth Tracing Options:
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management provides in-depth tracing options that provide information about customers impacted by a particular item and related sales orders. Companies can easily identify which items have been shipped and which haven’t, making it invaluable for recall scenarios.
If you want to learn more about how Microsoft Dynamics 365 For Supply Chain Management can help food and beverage companies improve traceability, contact us here to learn how we can help you grow your business. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 345-8817.
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology