Add a Screen to the Acumatica Mobile App
Posted on: December 20, 2019 | By: Minela Covic | Acumatica
Acumatica comes with a fully functional mobile app out of the box. Users can view records and enter new transactions on the go, promoting timely and accurate updates to everyday business activities. To add another screen to the app, follow the steps below.
- Identify the screen and fields you want to add:
- The screen ID can be found in the URL of the Acumatica page
- To get the field names of the screen, select tools -> web service -> service description. This will bring up the WSDL schema
Identify the fields you need within their respective containers in the WSDL schema:
- Create a new customization project and add a new screen to mobile application. When prompted, enter the screen ID that you identified earlier.
- Write the code for the new mobile screen. Here’s an example of a simple code you can write:
- First add the container, then add the fields.
- To add more than one container, add a field with the container name, a # symbol, then the name of the field.
- It’s a good idea to add save and cancel actions so that when you make changes to a record in the app, they are saved into Acumatica.
- Next, update the main menu to add a menu option for the screen you just added:
- This is a code to add a folder and menu icon to the app:
- Save your changes and publish your customization:
- Open the mobile app!
To learn more about updating your Acumatica mobile app and to see all the icons defined in the system, click the link below:
Please do not hesitate to contact Logan Consulting to discuss your current processes or to explore other ways we may choose to work together.
Logan Consulting is a professional services firm committed to helping businesses improve business processes to get the most from their ERP investments.
Does it make sense to talk with us? Contact us to start a dialog
5 Steps to Navigating ERP Selection and Implementation
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology