- Financial Services
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM/365 for Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Professional Services
A multi-billion dollar medical waste removal services provider completed a successful Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation with Logan Consulting providing business process and AX functional expertise.
This medical waste removal corporation provides regulated and compliance solutions to both healthcare and commercial industries. The company’s core business is collecting and processing specialized waste for disposal services. In addition to its waste collection service, the company also has a compliance program that consists of training, consulting, inbound/outbound communications, data reporting, and other regulatory compliance services. It also has service offerings in Pharmaceutical returns and disposal, hazardous waste management, communication solutions, containers, mail-back, and associated products. As of September 9, 2014, this corporation has a market cap at approximately $10 billion.
As a multi-billion dollar corporation, the executives of the company are constantly looking into expanding its services and reach across the globe. In order to facilitate the expansion, the corporation required an ERP system that could be quickly implemented, require minor customization, and provide leading edge financial capability to a strong financial team. The new ERP system would support all financials in the United States, replace a legacy system (Dynamics SL) and maintain integrations with home grown solutions until the corporation is ready to replace them with Dynamics AX.
The medical waste disposal corporation engaged Logan Consulting to assist them in implementing Dynamics AX 2012 R3 AP/GL in North America.
This corporation selected Microsoft Dynamics AX as its worldwide ERP choice, and wanted to implement on a continent by continent basis. Subsequently, they engaged Logan Consulting to lead the AP/GL implementation and meet an aggressive implementation schedule with all North America locations. To support this goal, Logan Consulting developed an approach to uncover all of their requirements for AP and GL. During those initial requirement sessions, scope change recommendations were made to the internal project team. Collectively, representatives from the internal team and Logan built a plan that led to the successful implementation of General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash and Bank, Budget, and Project Accounting. This included operations in the United States and Canada.
By implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX in a manner that allowed the business process to dictate the design and configuration of AX, the medical waste management company was able to recognize the following results and benefits:
- Streamlined reporting structure across US and Canadian entities
- Fully integrated financials, including consolidations and inter-company eliminations
- Simplified electronic banking using eBanking software to reduce time spent on positive pay and bank reconciliations
- Ability to support international goal of one customer and vendor number across legal entities for MDM
- Best practice business processes that are enforced and enabled through the Microsoft Dynamics AX application
- Leveraged AX and its Excel Importing capabilities for entities that make thousands of journal entries a day
- Utilized AX out of the box functionality to reduce time and spend on initial customization