Product Creation Improvements in Dynamics 365 for Operations
Posted on: May 23, 2017 | By: Jarrod Kraemer | Microsoft Dynamics AX/365
Authored by: Rosey McAdams
Dynamics 365 has made some smart and simple changes to the new released product screen that will save your company a lot of time when creating new products as well as help you to avoid forgetting essential setup on a product. In prior versions of Dynamics AX, when adding an item through the new released product screen, you could only enter part numbering information, and then had to navigate to the item to setup all of your remaining mandatory information. Sometimes it can be difficult to remember all of the fields that you must populate to do all basic functionality, since they weren’t all right there in the product creation screen. Logan Consulting has actually implemented some customizations at various clients to make product creation simpler in earlier versions of Dynamics AX.
Here is an example of the steps that were needed in AX2012:
1) Navigate to Product information management>Common>Released products and click New Product
2) Fill in part numbering information only on the new released product form and click OK
3) Now, find the item you just created click edit and setup the remaining mandatory fields, to be able to use the item in various AX processes, without any prompts to remind you which fields still need to be populated. Here is a look at all of the fields we must remember to fill in and where to find them
· Setup your dimension groups up here:
· Setup your item model group here
· Setup your units of measure here
· Setup your item group here:
· And finally setup your tax groups here:
Now let’s take a look at how much easier and more efficient setting up all of this information is in Dynamics 365 for operations, it is just one step:
Navigate to Product information management>Products>Released products and click New, now fill in every one of the fields listed above right here in the new released product form!
Hopefully this blog has given you some insight into the types of great improvements Microsoft continues to make in Dynamics 365. For additional information on Dynamics 365 or other versions of Dynamics AX, or if you are interested in upgrading please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 345-8817.
All the best!
25 Brilliant Ideas to Outsmart Your Competition with Microsoft Dynamics
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology