What’s New in Dynamics GP 18.3
Posted on: October 30, 2020 | By: Josie Mah | Microsoft Dynamics GP
On October 5th, Microsoft announced the latest version of Dynamics GP and introduced its new advances across the platform. In this blog post, we’ll be highlighting some exciting new features in Dynamics GP 18.3 (2021) that can help your business deliver better results.
We talk to many clients who are concerned about the future of Dynamics GP. As you can read below, Microsoft does continue to develop Dynamics GP. However, if you want to consider Microsoft’s new cloud-based solution, Dynamics 365 Business Central, please feel free to contact us to understand what a move from Dynamics GP to Business Central looks like.
Finance area enhancements
- Additional user-defined fields for Transaction Entry — The General Ledger Transaction Entry window now has two new fields for transaction descriptions.
- Importing credit card transactions — Users can now import credit card transactions as payable invoices or manual payments, reducing risk of manual entry errors.
- Automated financial full reconcile — Users can reconcile all years from oldest to newest years. Check out our blog post to learn more about using this feature.
- Match Excel Copy/Paste decimals places to currency setup — In the new version of Dynamics GP, the system can be modified to recognize the decimal separators in Currency Setup. Check out our blog post to learn more about using this feature.
- New features for Form 1099 and 1099 MISC — The Dynamics GP update includes revised tax forms in compliance with new IRS regulatory changes.
Distribution area enhancements
- Export and import stock counts to Excel — Users can now choose to export and import data using Excel with the Stock Count and Stock Count Schedule
Human Resources and Payroll area enhancements
- Mask SSN in Human Resources reports — Users now have the option of masking Social Security Numbers in Human Resources
- Scheduled Check Links — The Dynamics GP update includes a new option to set up a schedule to run Check Links outside of business hours.
- Multi-factor authentication — The new version of Dynamics GP allows users to use multi-factor authentication for email authentication through the Azure Active Director App.
- Save per-user column layouts on the GP Homepage — Users now have the option of customizing and saving their Home Page layout with the Customize this page
- Maximum print output screen — The print output screen will now automatically appear in full screen mode.
- Copy and paste transactions from Excel — The new version of Dynamics GP allows users to copy and paste PM Transactions and PM Distributions using the Transaction Entry Check out our blog post to learn more about using this feature.
For further details about Dynamics GP 18.3, check out Microsoft’s official Features and Capabilities Guide.
25 Brilliant Ideas to Outsmart Your Competition with Microsoft Dynamics
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology