3 Exciting New Features of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2020
Posted on: October 15, 2020 | By: Josie Mah | Microsoft Dynamics GP
Microsoft Dynamics GP has transformed businesses by providing a platform for data access and analysis. The much-anticipated 2020 version of Microsoft Dynamics GP offers users a variety of new features, making the use of the platform easier than ever. In this blog post, we explain how to use three of these new features.
1. Copy and paste purchasing transactions and distributions
The Fall 2020 Microsoft Dynamics GP now allows the option of defining purchase transactions and distributions and importing relevant data into the Payables Transaction window. This new “copy and paste” functionality will greatly increase efficiency, reduce error, and improve user experience.
- Copy and Paste PM Transactions and Distributions using the Transaction Entry window
- Include the following fields in the Excel spreadsheet: Description, Purchases, Trade Discount, Freight Misc., Document Number, O. Number, Cash
- Under Payable Transactions in Dynamics GP, select Transaction Entry and choose the Vendor ID.
- Place your cursor in the Purchasing field and Paste.
2. Match Excel Copy/Paste decimals places to currency setup
Previously, Microsoft Dynamics GP would import currency data incorrectly using the Excel Paste feature. In the Fall 2020 version of Dynamics GP, the system can be modified to recognize the decimal separators in Currency Setup.
- Choose Administration > Setup > System > Currency
- Choose your desired Currency ID, set a description, and input the correct separators.
3. Automated Reconcile of full General Ledger
In previous versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP, users had to reconcile one year at a time. With this new update, users can choose to reconcile all years in one action.
- Open the Reconcile Financial Information window.
- Select Utilities > Financial > Reconcile.
- Choose “All” for data to be reconciled from oldest to newest.
25 Brilliant Ideas to Outsmart Your Competition with Microsoft Dynamics
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology