Dynamics 365: Release Enhancements Plan Feb. 2021
The 2021 release wave plan for Dynamics 365 brings new innovations that provide you with significant capabilities to transform your business. This month’s release contains the following exciting new features in Dynamics 365 for Finance & Operations for these apps: Finance, Supply Chain Management, Guides, and Project Operations.
Dynamics 365 Finance drives automation and predictive analytics capabilities.
- New Feature: Vendor Invoice Automation
- Business Value:
- easily consumable representation can help speed up decision-making by eliminating the need to search for information
- saves your accounts payable staff time by letting them restart processing for multiple vendor invoices in a single step
- Business Value:
- helps you identify the current process step, as well as the steps that have already been completed
- lets you restart processing for multiple invoices where the reason for the failure can be resolved by a single fix for those invoices
- New Feature: Marked Transaction Detail Blocked for Settlement
- Business Value: administrators can view transactions that are blocked for settlement, and quickly identify the reason they’re blocked
- Details: lets administrators see items that are blocked for settlement and quickly identify why
- New Feature: Restrict Ability to Edit Accounting Distribution on Vendor Invoices
- Business Value: helps you maintain the accuracy of accounting information on vendor invoices by locking in values for certain accounts, such as the fund or department account, while allowing the main account to be changed
- Details: allows you to set restrictions on which financial account number dimensions can be edited on vendor invoices that were created from a purchase order
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management obtains a unified view of inventory, warehouse, manufacturing, service, and logistics with predictive analytics.
- New Feature: Validate License Plates on Source Document Lines
- Business Value: benefit from using this capability to optimize the outbound order-taking process
- Details: checks whether a new or updated document line (such as a sales order line) specifies both a license plate and a location that doesn’t support license plate tracking (in which case the check will fail)
If you are interested in learning more about Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management contact us here to find out how we can help you grow your business. You can also email us at email@example.com or call (312) 345-8817.
25 Brilliant Ideas to Outsmart Your Competition with Microsoft Dynamics
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology