Creating Production Orders in Business Central
Posted on: September 10, 2021 | By: Rosie Gill | Microsoft Dynamics Business Central
In our last blog post on Business Central’s manufacturing features, we discussed production orders and the different forms of them within the system. In today’s post, we are going to go over how to manually create your own production order.
As a refresh, a production order is an order given to a company with a specified quantity of inventory to be created and delivered in a specific time frame. It’s crucial for your company to have efficient production because it helps reduce costs, increases revenue, promotes growth, and ultimately leaves the customer satisfied.
Business Central comes equipped with tools designed to maximize productivity for operations. One of these tools is the power, control, and visibility the system gives you over production orders. If you want to review the different forms of production orders in Business Central, you can read our previous blog post here.
Creating a Production Order Header
To manually create a production order, you must first create a production order header. We are going to break it down into six steps.
- Select the search icon in Business Central and type in “Firm Planned Prod. Orders.” Once this is done, select the corresponding search result.
- Select the New icon.
- Select the No. field and type the next number in the series.
- Select the Source Type field and identify the origin of the production order.
- Select the Source No. field and choose the item number, family, or sales header that corresponds to the production order.
- Go to the Quantity and Due Date fields and add in your specific requirements.
Now you have successfully created a production order header! If any of the specifications of the production order change, you can easily replan the order and its components. We will go over this in the next blog post.
If you are interested in exploring the manufacturing capabilities of Business Central more, reach out to a consultant at Logan Consulting today! Our company continuously helps clients nationwide identify the best software solutions for their needs.
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology