- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM/Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
Manufacturing Company Chooses Microsoft Dynamics GP
This manufacturing company provides ready-mix concrete and related construction materials and services with 24 concrete plants, 8 sand and gravel plants, and 510 ready-mix concrete trucks. Our client also offers excavating and concrete pumping services. With plants mainly in Illinois and Wisconsin, they have annual revenues over 150 million.
Our client is located in McHenry, Illinois. They were able to use their legacy accounting system to report individual financial statements, but needed to use spreadsheets to manually put together consolidated financial statements. In addition, our client was looking to find an ERP package that would have the ability to grow and expand along with the needs of the company.
Logan Consulting was brought in to assist with the selection of an ERP system and the best fit for their business was Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains). Our client will utilize the drill back functionality of Dynamics GP (Great Plains) for general inquiries on a day to day basis and the on screen information offered in the accounts payable module to assist accounting personnel to answer any internal or external questions. They will use FRx financial reporting to satisfy their monthly financial statement needs, including location and departmental reports. Logan Consulting provided project management, including executive level management as well as process expertise to develop an outline of the day to day workflows within our client’s accounting department. This also included business and software expertise to support process design/improvement, procedure development, integration, report writing and data conversion.
To meet objectives, Logan Consulting reinforced and trained staff on the new processes and identified opportunities to leverage the real-time data and information now available in the new system.
- Logan Consulting helped our client successfully go live with Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- This manufacturer is now able to report consolidated financial statements with the push of a button and without and manual re-key of information.
- Logan Consulting helped to integrate General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Bank Reconciliation and FRx. During the project our client added integration manager and inventory as these needs arose.
- This manufacturer is currently self sufficient in all of these modules. They are able to gather and analyze data using the drilldown capabilities provided by Dynamics GP (Great Plains) to further enhance profitability.