Overview of Microsoft’ 2023 Release Wave 1 Updates for Business Central
Posted on: April 12, 2023 | By: Jim Bertler | Microsoft Dynamics Business Central
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a popular ERP solution for small to mid-sized businesses. The 2023 release wave 1 plan includes updates and new features that improve application capabilities, development experiences, and integration with the Microsoft Power Platform. Here’s a closer look at what’s coming in each of these areas.
- Enhancements to the user interface: Business Central will have a modern and more intuitive user interface that includes new icons, a refreshed color palette, and updated navigation. This will make it easier for users to find the information they need and navigate the application.
- Improved search experience: Users will be able to search for records across multiple tables and fields within the application. The search results will be displayed in a new interface that allows users to easily filter and sort the data.
- New finance features: The finance functionality in Business Central will be expanded with new features like asset leasing, improved bank reconciliation, and support for more complex VAT scenarios.
- Inventory enhancements: There will be new inventory features that allow users to manage consignment inventory, calculate landed costs, and track item availability across multiple locations.
- Enhanced integration with Microsoft Teams: Business Central will have tighter integration with Microsoft Teams, allowing users to view and act on Business Central data without leaving Teams.
Microsoft Power Platform Updates
- Improved integration with Power Apps: Business Central will have improved integration with Power Apps, allowing users to create custom apps that integrate with Business Central data.
- Enhanced reporting capabilities: There will be new reporting capabilities that allow users to create and share reports using Power BI.
- New Power Automate connectors: There will be new Power Automate connectors that allow users to automate tasks and workflows using Business Central data.
All of these updates and more are now available to the public, as of April 1. If you are interested in discovering more about the new capabilities and improvements in Business Central, check out Microsoft’s page here.
In conclusion, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central’s 2023 release wave 1 plan includes several updates and new features that improve application capabilities, development experiences, and integration with the Microsoft Power Platform. These enhancements will help small and mid-sized businesses to streamline their operations, increase productivity, and make better decisions.
Logan Consulting partners with Microsoft to help clients identify areas of improvement and implement solutions that lead to optimization and growth. To find out more about our services, contact us today.
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology