How Microsoft Dynamics R3 is improving HR
Posted on: September 3, 2014 | By: Jarrod Kraemer | Microsoft Dynamics AX/365
On May 1, 2014 the latest release of Microsoft Dynamics AX was released to an eager audience. As usual many modules of AX were upgraded, and many updates were applied to Human Resources.
The main responsibility of a Human Resources department is to manage an organizations workforce. This includes, but is not limited to maintaining staffing requirements, hiring employees, verification of employment, recruiting potential hires, assisting managers with issues and verifying that management practices fall within a company’s values and polices. These are the core areas that Microsoft addresses when making changes to the HR module. Listed below are some of the features that Microsoft outlined during their R3 release. Hopefully these changes can impact your bottom line!
- Benefit Updating has been modified to allow for improved controls for benefit personnel. Employees who process benefits will now have the ability to:
- Expire or Extend selected worker enrollments
- Make modifications to modify or change enrollments for multiple employees
- In addition to aforementioned changes to benefits, the following changes have been applied to US Payroll:
- Improved Payroll tax reporting through tax groups
- A new preparation report to assist with the filing of the state quarterly wage and unemployment tax reporting
- Employees can access to their pay-stub by using a Windows 8 phone
- Enhanced Workflow: Gain more control over hires, terminations, and transfers and promotions by using employee-based personnel actions and workflow
- Budgeting and Planning:
- Create a budget template through a Dynamics AX wizard
- Users will now be able to leverage budget allocation based on ledger allocation based rules.
- Execute mass updates to employee taxes
- New Preparation Reports- EEO-4, EEO-5, VETS100, 940, 941, Unemployment, OSHA300, OSHA300A, OSHA301, and New Hire reporting
These new features will support other job functions that are already in AX such as managing employee data, training and development documentation, and analyzing recruitment to name a few.
For additional information please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com or (312) 345-8817.
All the best!
25 Brilliant Ideas to Outsmart Your Competition with Microsoft Dynamics
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology