What to Look for in Dynamics CRM’s October 2020 Wave 2 release
Posted on: November 9, 2020 | By: Josie Mah | Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft continues to update and expand functionality and features across the entire Dynamics line with its 2020 Autumn Update. For Microsoft Dynamics Customer Engagement (CE; formerly Dynamics CRM) customers, most of the changes have been subtle.
Logan Consulting believes the most notable new feature is the addition of previously labeled “back-end” or hidden configurations to the main menus, which provides users with easier access. Below, we will describe some of these new features by module.
- Leads & Opportunities – Users can now adjust how Leads Qualification creates Contacts, Accounts, and Opportunities.
- Navigation and Access — Existing features are now easier to access through the Sales option in the navigation menu in the bottom left.
- Productivity – The update provides new email timeline functionality and the ability to scan and convert business cards to PDF form. The update also includes new customized email templates.
- Chat & Collaborate Settings – Users are now able to enable integration between CE and Microsoft Teams.
- LinkedIn Integration – The wave 2 update provides LinkedIn integration, including the option to notify users of job changes on a daily basis.
Customer Service Hub
- Navigation – Users can now move Email Templates configuration to the main menu area and modify their environment using the Apps Site map.
- Customer Service Workspace App – In Multisession, customer service representatives can easily switch between cases.
- New Rules for Similar Cases
- Easier File Attachment process for email
- Embedded Analytics for Customer Service
- Integration with Microsoft Teams – The wave 2 update allows businesses to more efficiently host webinars, meetings, and live events using Microsoft Teams. Teams webinars can now be directly integrated into Marketing events and listed as a Teams live event or a Teams meeting. Additionally, event “producers” and “presenters” can be directly added from the Marketing app. Finally, the upgrade provides a new check-in feature for live events and meetings, allowing for increased visibility for online attendance.
Looking to explore further?
If you are interested in learning more about the Microsoft Wave 2 2020 update, please feel free to contact us. At Logan Consulting, we help clients across the nation find their full potential every day. Talk to us to learn how we can help you transform your business!
How to Double your ROI with Cloud Solutions
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology