Invoicing Project Sales Orders in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Oprations
Posted on: August 7, 2019 | By: Rosemary McAdams | Microsoft Dynamics AX/365
Have you experienced issues creating and posting project sales order invoices in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations? Following the update of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations to version 10 pu 26, we experienced quite a bit of trouble creating project invoice proposals for sales order lines that we created after the update. Prior to the update, once a sales order line was created you would find it in the lines of the project invoice proposals as long as you were using the correct search criteria. Following the update, using the exact same search criteria, our sales order lines would no longer pull into our project invoice proposals.
After quite a bit of scratching our heads and trying just about everything we finally found the very simple solution to our issue. For a project sales order line to show up in our project invoice proposal it was now necessary to CONFIRM the sales order after it is created before you create the invoice proposal. Only confirmed sales order lines will display to be selected in your project invoice proposals going forward. Below we will show the step by step instructions on how to create a project sales order and a subsequent project invoice for that sales order.
1) From your project click New > Item Task > Sales Order on the manage tab
2) Click OK in the Create sales order form that pops up
3) Enter in the lines of your sales order
4) CONFIRM YOUR SALES ORDER!!!
5) Now you can go back to your project and select New > Invoice proposal to create an invoice for this sales order
6) Make sure your search criteria includes Sales orders with the Update orders field set to All, also make sure your start and end date range include the date of the order you just entered.
7) You should see the order you just entered to select, select the lines from that order that you want to invoice and click OK
This will create an invoice proposal that you can now post against the project.
Hopefully this blog has provided insight into posting project sales order invoices in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, especially if you have been having trouble after an update, like we were. For additional information please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or (312) 345-8817.
All the best!
25 Brilliant Ideas to Outsmart Your Competition with Microsoft Dynamics
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology