Financial Reporting (Management Reporter) in Dynamics AX 2012
Posted on: August 1, 2013 | By: Jarrod Kraemer | Microsoft Dynamics AX/365
Microsoft recently added several valuable new capabilities to Management Reporter, the preferred financial reporting solution. If you’re not familiar with Management Reporter, now would be a great time to check it out!
For those in the financial community that do reporting and performance management every day, you’ll appreciate the updated financial reporting capabilities included in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 – Management Reporter. In fact, with the latest release, Microsoft added Management Reporter to the General Ledger and Budget Planning menus in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, making it easier for you to access financial reports created with Management Reporter. Good news…the financial statement options that you may have used in prior versions are still available with a configuration option…that is if still need them.
Management Reporter is used to create statutory and operational reports based upon your general ledger data. MR empowers your managers by providing real-time insights into organizational results; they can take action and work to meet overall corporate goals.
Here are some of the ways Management Reporter is helping our customers solve their financial reporting needs:
- No need to create a connection to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 General Ledger (GL) – Management Reporter is directly integrated with your GL
- Build custom reports based on Microsoft Dynamics AX ledger accounts and dimensions – with the ability to slice general ledger information into Rows, Columns, or Hierarchies to get insight into actionable information. Robust formatting helps highlight key areas on a report and create boardroom quality reports.
With Management Reporter, you can create financial reports based upon the following data from Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012:
- Budget Data
- Financial Dimensions
- Cash Flow Forecasts
- Calendars/Fiscal Periods
- Budget Reservations
- Posting Layers
- Account Categories
- Organizational Hierarchies
- Totaling Accounts
- Actual GL Data
- Financial data mart for optimized performance — Management Reporter data mart holds the necessary financial data needed for financial reporting. Data from Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is continuously moved to the data mart. The data mart is optimized for financial reporting and, with proper report design, helps increase performance of financial report generation.
- Drill-down to transaction detail for quick audits — Generate summary-level reports with the capability to drill down to account-level and transaction-level details without having to generate separate reports. Supports drill from account and budget balances on a report to related information in Microsoft Dynamics AX if more information on a specific transaction is needed.
- Consolidate the way you need to see it – Create consolidated financial reports across companies or business units; integrated with Microsoft Excel to support importing consolidation data from other sources, and translate into an unlimited number of reporting currencies without having to run the consolidation process in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Schedule delivery of new reports to those who need them – Improve communication across the organization by distributing reports to multiple locations, including Microsoft SharePoint or any network location, and schedule reports for generation on a periodic basis.
- Interactive and user friendly web-based report viewing — Drive decisions from the report data that’s delivered in an interactive web based report viewing experience.
For additional information please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 345-8817.
All the best!
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology