Enterprise Material Transfer Set-Up in QAD
QAD’s Enterprise Material Transfer creates an easy and automated process for intercompany orders and transactions, but there are a few necessary elements that must be in place before this functionality can be leveraged. This blog walks through the set-up of the mandatory aspects of the EMT tool.
Step 1: Set Up Supplier Profiles
In Supplier Maintenance, make the desired to adjustments to the following fields:
- Send SO Price
- Yes – supplier is authorized to receive the original sales order price from the PBU
- No – supplier is not authorized to receive the original sales order price from the PBU
- Send Credit Held SO
- Yes – supplier receives EMT purchase orders from SOs placed on credit hold at the PBU
- No – supplier does not receive Pos
- Auto EMT Processing
- Yes – level 2 business units will automatically generate secondary POs for lower-level business units.
- SO Price Reduction %
- If the Use SO Reduction Price field is Yes, enter the mark-down percentage to use
- Use SO Reduction Price
- Yes – apply pride reduction percentage specified above
- No- do no apply reduction percentage
- Automatic PO Receipt
- Yes – PBU will automatically receive the SBU’s purchase orders on EMT direct shipment items when the PBU imports the SBU’s ASNs. This automates the completion of the order cycle on direct shipments.
Step 2: Set Up Sites
Define SBUs in Supplier Maintenance, then set them up as sites in site maintenance
Step 3: Create site addresses in Company in Company Address Maintenance to establish sites as companies
Step 4: Set up Customer Profiles
Go to Customer Maintenance and adjust the following fields as desired.
- EMT Type
- Indicates whether defaults EMT type is transshipment or direct shipment.
- Customer Shipping LT
- This is the Customer Shipping Lead Time, or the average number of days it takes to get the prders to the customer on time.
- Confirmed EMT SO
- Yes-a confirmed secondary SO should be created
- No – an unconfirmed SO should be created
- EMT Credit Flow
- Yes -EDI transmit the credit status of the order
- No -credit information should not be transmitted.
Step 5: Set Up Items, Item-Site Relationships, and Item Cross-References
- Specify Purchasing Lead Time and EMT Type in Item Master Maintenance
- Establish Item-Site Relationships using Item-Site Planning Maintenance
- Specify SO Reduction Price and Reduction price Percentage in Supplier Item Maintenance, if not done in Supplier Maintenance
Step 6: Set Up Sales Order Control and Purchase Order Control
In Sales Order Control, specify whether to enable EMT, EMT Type, and EMT Sequence, among other relevant fields that control allocation and sales orders.
In Purchasing Control, indicate whether you wish to require an a PO acknowledgment from the SBU in the Require Acknowledgement Field
Step 7: Set Up EDI eCommerce
This will allow for the electronic transfer of relevant files and documents, eliminating the need to manually fax or send the information.
If you are interested in learning more about Enterprise Material Transfer in QAD and/or maximizing the use of your QAD system, contact us here to find out how we can help you grow your business. You can also email us at email@example.com or call (312) 345-8810.
Is Your Accounting Software Hurting Your Business?
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology