Optimizing Voucher Maintenance in QAD’s MFG/PRO Standard Financials
Posted on: August 21, 2008 | By: SuperUser Account | QAD Financials
I conducted a facilitated design session specifically around voucher maintenance. At the end of the session, we defined all the upstream requirements for document handling and the specific business requirements for vouching supplier invoices. Below are the specific requirements:
- For Purchase Order Related Vouchers,
- Vouch only one time for the supplier invoice regardless of account payable variance calculated.
- Enable AP tolerance amount where an Account Payable Variance is less than the tolerance amount, the variance is assumed approved by the business and disbursed to the supplier within their payment terms.
- If a voucher tolerance is in excess of the company defined tolerance, the entire amount of the voucher is placed on voucher hold.
- Build voucher hold report by site/entity and distribute on daily basis to operational responsibility managers for review of holds.
- Enable a Voucher Hold maintenance screen that allows the responsibility manager to change status from “hold” to either “approved” or “credit memo”. The credit memo status indicates the responsibility manager reviewed the hold and requires the supplier to re-bill with correct pricing or quantity.
- Record status change from hold to other statuses for compliance audits.
- Default the PO Cost and the Receipt Quantity into receiver matching maintenance.
- For Non-Purchase Order Related Vouchers,
- Default the voucher ship to into the voucher based on the entity entered.
- Require 1099 type for vouchers entered against 1099 suppliers.
- For All Vouchers
- Default Invoice Date on voucher as Blank. Standard QAD code defaults the system date into the field.
- Require invoice number.
- Test for and prevent a duplicate invoice number entered into the voucher.
- Answer Yes/No field to indicate if the supplier charged tax on the supplier invoice.
The resulting customizations have enabled the company to record vouchers accurately and efficiently enabling them to continue to reduce administrative processing cost for voucher entry.
For more information regarding this blog you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is Your Accounting Software Hurting Your Business?
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology