How to Add Side Panels to Form Screens in Acumatica
Posted on: April 1, 2021 | By: Josie Mah | Acumatica
Previously, Acumatica users have faced difficulties in accessing relevant information during data entry and retrieval. For instance, when entering case information, Acumatica users needed to separately access supporting cases or customer information, which could be time-consuming and burdensome. Fortunately, in all versions of Acumatica since 2020 R1, users can add side panels to data entry screens. For instance, while working on a case, users can reference their side panel of relevant information, such as generic inquiries or supporting cases. By defining side panels using the customization manager, side panels allow users to reference other relevant screens and information, simplifying data entry and saving time. Below, we provide a step-by-step guide to adding a side panel in Acumatica.
How to Add a Side Panel:
- Go to Customization Projects and create a new project.
- Open the new project and click Add Screen.
- Select the screens to be included in the side panel using the search bar and press OK.
- On the left panel underneath the name of the new project, navigate to Screens –> Actions and click the “+” button to create a new action.
- Under Action Type, select Navigation: Side panel. Designate an action name, display name, and icon.
- Under Designation Screen, select the screen that the side panel will be used on.
- Select the relevant parameter name and value based on your side panel.
- Click Publish. The application will restart. Refresh the screen, and click on your previously selected side panel icon on the top right hand corner to view your new side panel.
- If desired, repeat this process to create additional side panels. This will allow for different icons with different sets of data as side panels.
The side panel feature allows Acumatica users to easily reference different sets of forms and data without leaving their current screen.
If you have any questions about adding side panels in Acumatica, or if you are interested in Acumatica’s next-generation ERP solutions, Logan Consulting is here to help. Contact us today to find out how we can help optimize your business.
5 Steps to Navigating ERP Selection and Implementation
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology