- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM/Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
An aircraft maintenance management firm achieved a successful implementation of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management with Logan Consulting providing functional expertise of Dynamics 365 and best practices for operational processes.
This company is the world’s largest independent provider of hourly cost maintenance programs for aircraft engines and airframes. They provide their clients with comprehensive, flexible and affordable tools for managing the often-unpredictable costs of operating and maintaining nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft—including jets, turbo-props and helicopters. The company serves clients around the world by managing maintenance services through its international network of Technical Advisors. They were founded in 1989 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
After using Microsoft Dynamics GP for many years for their main financial and reporting system, the client chose to replace their current ERP system with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management. The client and Logan Consulting successfully completed Phase I of the Dynamic 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management implementation project, with the rollout of two of the company’s twelve total legal entities. The goal of Phase II of this project is to complete the necessary steps leading to a successful implementation of Dynamics 365 to support the best business processes and address the unique operating and business requirements of the client for the remaining legal entities. The process will include on time and on budget implementation with no major disruption in the ability of the client to conduct daily business.
After a successful Phase I, the client ,in partnership with Logan Consulting, kicked off Phase II of the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Supply Chain Management implementation including the implementations of modules specific to ten additional companies. . The modules implemented consisted of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Budgeting, Cash and Bank Management, Consolidations, Credit and Collections, Fixed Assets, General Ledger, Inventory Management, Procurement and Sourcing, Product Information Management, Project Management and Accounting, Sales and Marketing, and Treasury Automation Suite. The functional scope of this project covered the standard Dynamics 365 business functionality, related to the modules listed above, identified in the Requirements and Fit Analysis provided to the client as well as several customizations specific to the needs of the client.
Using Logan Consulting’s proven methodology to implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 in a manner that allows the client’s business processes to dictate design and configuration, the client was able to recognize the following results and benefits in the modules implemented:
- Ability to perform manual transactions as needed
- Ability to import data through Data Management
- Real-time posting to sub-ledgers
- Security controls for posting periods
- Drill-down ability to invoice allocation detail
Accounts Receivable (AR)/ Sales Orders
- AR Aging
- Ability to do reporting by customer
- Ability to invoice customers for service items
- AR customer balance import
- Customer cash application
Accounts Payable (AP)/ Purchase Orders
- AP Aging
- Payment Selection
- Check Runs and Printing
- Check Reconciliation
- Purchase Orders with service items
- Vendor balance import
Bank Management/ Treasury Automation Suite
- Import a file for bank reconciliation
- Transaction types of check payments, ACH payments, and wires
- Maintain bank accounts and associated financial instruments
- Upload budgets from Excel
- Support Budget version control
- Use budget data for reporting purposes
- Ability to view AP, AR, GL transactions against a project
- Use project data for reporting purposes
- Assign projects to customer contracts
- Convert project transaction history
- “Out of the box”, reports for GL, AP, AR, and Budgeting modules
- Management Reporter reports for use as a base for future reports
- Integrations between several additional systems to create transactions in the various Dynamics 365 modules implemented
About Logan Consulting
Logan Consulting is a leading consulting firm with strengths in strategy, project management, business process design, ERP and CRM implementation, recruitment and training. Since 1992, our business process-based delivery techniques and tools have helped our clients build a solid business process and information technology foundation to support their business. Our clients count on us for objective, unbiased analysis, recommendations and project work. To learn more and hear what our customers are saying about us, please visit our website (www.loganconsulting.com).
Logan Consulting is headquartered in Chicago, IL with global services reach.