Using a Business Event to Send an Email Notification in Acumatica: Task Management
Posted on: April 21, 2020 | By: Minela Covic | Acumatica
Acumatica allows you to use generic inquiries to trigger business events. In this example, we will see how to set up a business event to send an email notification to users when a new record is added to a generic inquiry. You can also do this for when a record is deleted or a specific field has been changed.
- If one doesn’t already exist, you need to create a generic inquiry that displays the records you are monitoring. Below is a generic inquiry of open tasks built from the CRActivity table:
- Create a new business event. The raise event can be triggered by a record change or may run on a predefined schedule. In this example, we’re using a record change to prompt the business event. Choose your generic inquiry under Screen Name. Under the Trigger Conditions tab, choose the operation that defines how the data should have been changed for the condition to be met.
- Under the Subscribers tab, create a subscriber. In this example, we will create an email notification.
- Create the email template. You can use fields from the generic inquiry to customize the emails to be unique for each instance.
- To test the business event, create a new task and assign it to an owner:
- Verify that the email sent under All Emails CO409070:
Please do not hesitate to contact Logan Consulting to discuss your current processes or to explore other ways we may choose to work together.
Logan Consulting is a professional services firm committed to helping businesses improve business processes to get the most from their ERP investments.
Does it make sense to talk with us? Contact us to start a dialog
5 Steps to Navigating ERP Selection and Implementation
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology