System Prep for Installation of Acumatica ERP
Posted on: August 22, 2016 | By: Craig Thompson | Acumatica
Before you can even begin installing and practicing with Acumatica ERP, a user must first make sure that the system in which Acumatica ERP will be downloaded on is prepared. In order to do this, you will need to navigate to Control Panel –> System. This window will contain the information you need to determine whether your system is ready for Acumatica ERP.
While taking a look at the window above, you will need the following:
- A web browser. I would recommend Google Chrome which is supported (version 23 or later)
- A windows operating system. A few different ones are supported, including Windows 7 which is what I have. Any 64-bit system from Windows Vista to anything later will suffice.
- 4 GB RAM recommended. My computer has 8 GB.
- 500MB of available internal hard disk space. I have over 100 GB free, so I’ll be fine.
- Microsoft .NET framework version 4.0 or later. If you don’t know whether or not you have this, then go ahead and install it here.
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 or later, depending on the underlying operating system. You can turn IIS on by following these instructions.
- Microsoft Windows Installer version 3.1 or later. You can download the latest version here.
- Critical system patches and updated for Microsoft products.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or later.
These are the bare minimum system requirements to install Acumatica ERP. There may be other recommendations for different settings or programs, depending on your specific needs with Acumatica ERP. For more information on getting set up, or if Acumatica Cloud ERP is the right fit for you, contact Logan Consulting your Chicago based Acumatica Partners for a consultation.
5 Steps to Navigating ERP Selection and Implementation
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology