Overview of Acumatica 2022 R2
Posted on: September 6, 2022 | By: Rosie Gill | Acumatica
Acumatica 2022 R2 was officially released to the public at the end of August, bringing a new elevation to the platform experience for users. To celebrate the launch, Acumatica is hosting a virtual event on September 22nd. If you would like the opportunity to learn more about how Acumatica 2022 R2 impacts your industry and organization, you can register for the event here.
In today’s blog post, we are going to take a look at the three key areas of focus Acumatica has outlined for this update.
Power Work Forward With Exceptional Usability
Acumatica is acclaimed for its usability, and the platform places an emphasis on providing an intuitive interface that is constantly being improved through the annual updates. Acumatica 2022 R2 enhances the usability by introducing a few new features, including an automated mobile signature capture that helps simplify the processing of sales orders and invoices. Also, users are now able to customize their mobile workspace to match their desktop.
Transcend Geographic Boundaries
The modern digital age allows for businesses to reach new opportunities without the constraint of location. Acumatica 2022 R2 assists users in harnessing this opportunity by implementing changes that focus on localization, integration, and financial management.
- Localization and Integration: Users can now make payments from anywhere, at any time, using POS terminals or the Acumatica Self-Service Portal. Acumatica also now automatically identifies tax zones for new sales orders and generates invoices that are tailored to the specified country, state, and zip code.
- Financials: Acumatica is introducing a new feature that automates the GL approval process by allowing users to create rules for approving entries and assigning approving privileges to users. Moreover, collecting payments is now more effective and efficient because organizations can now send out personalized dunning letters to customers, complete with all relevant information.
Target Micro-Vertical Markets
In order to truly target and capture customers in such a competitive market, it is crucial that companies deliver their capabilities at the micro-vertical level. Acumatica 2022 R2 introduces enhanced solutions for different industries.
- Distributors, Retailers, and Commerce Merchants: To make their organizations more efficient and profitable, users can define cost centers in inventory. This helps with inbound, storage, and outbound material handling. Moreover, non-stock items can now be converted to stock items and vice versa. Acumatica is also now introducing role-based dashboards for Sales Managers, Warehouse Managers, Purchasing Managers, Shipping Clerks, and Receiving Clerks.
- Manufacturers: Users now have more control over the creation/modification of bills of materials in the interactive Engineering Workbench through the introduction of both a drag-and-drop and a copy-and-paste tool. In order to maximize efficiency, users can also access important information using side panels, like production, bills of materials, inventory, etc, while remaining on data entry screens.
- Contractors and Service Organizations: Scheduling service technicians is now more effective because it can be done based on the overlap of an individual employee’s skills and the skills necessary for the service task. Also, the Acumatica mobile app features a scanned receipt image recognition tool to make service expense entry a more efficient process.
Acumatica 2022 R2 is filled with many exciting new enhancements for Acumatica users. To learn more about the update, check out Acumatica’s website, where you can also register for the virtual launch event.
Logan Consulting, a proud partner of Acumatica, specializes in helping businesses identify and implement the solution that is best fit for their unique needs. To learn more about how we can help your company, contact us today!
5 Steps to Navigating ERP Selection and Implementation
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology