Microsoft Dynamics GP Business Portal 2013 Released
Posted on: May 14, 2013 | By: Jim Bertler | Microsoft Dynamics GP
Many users have been waiting for the release of the Business Portal 6.0 for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013. Well the wait is over. All of the details are below. Be sure to review the bullet points at the end of the post for a quick summary. As a reminder the Business Portal is an excellent tool for allowing users access to information contained in Microsoft Dynamics GP even though they are not full Dynamis GP users.
In addition, The Business Portal can also be used on a company's intranet. Based on SharePoint technology you can store key information like healthcare and 401k enrollment forms, process and procedure documentation and the employee handbook on the Business Portal
Here is the information!
Business Portal 6.0 Upgrade Guide
Business Portal 6.0 Administrator's Guide
Business Portal 6.0 Installation Guide
Business Portal 6.0 Facts You Need to Know! – Check it out!
1. Business Portal 6.0 is x64 only.
2. Business Portal 6.0 is only supported on SharePoint Server 2010 or SharePoint Foundation 2010.
3. Business Portal 6.0 is currently only supported on Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 or later & Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 or later.
4. SharePoint 2010 is currently NOT supported on Windows Server 2012 until the release of Service Pack 2 for SharePoint 2010. Therefore, Business Portal 6.0 is currently not supported on Windows Server 2012.
5. Here are the upgrade paths to Business Portal 6.0. (NOTE: Coming from Business Portal 4.0 and 5.0 does also require upgrade to SharePoint 2010.)
a. Business Portal 4.0 SP2 to Business Portal 6.0
b. Business Portal 5.0 to Business Portal 6.0
c. Business Portal 5.1 to Business Portal 6.0
6. Business Portal 6.1 will be out later and will support SharePoint 2013. Business Portal 6.0 is not supported on SharePoint 2013.
25 Brilliant Ideas to Outsmart Your Competition with Microsoft Dynamics
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology