How To Create A New Account Schedule in Business Central
Posted on: October 21, 2021 | By: Rosie Gill | Microsoft Dynamics Business Central
In our last blog post for Business Central, we discussed how to utilize account schedules in the modules in order to facilitate and simplify financial reporting for users. Account schedules typically show and sort accounts in a way that fits best with the information for each individual account. Doing this allows users to make various calculations that can’t be done in the chart of accounts.
Today, we are going to give a step-by-step tutorial on how to create a new account schedule in Business Central so that you can understand how to personalize the software to maximize its benefits for your business.
Creating a New Account Schedule
The account schedules that are automatically present in the Business Central module are based on common financial reports and might not be specific to your business needs. However, it is very easy to create customized schedules.
- Type “Account Schedules” into the search bar and select the corresponding result.
- Once on the Account Schedules page, select the “New” action to begin the process of creating a new schedule. Alternatively, you can select the “Copy Account Schedule” action.
- Fill out all fields necessary. Once you get to the Default Column Layout field, you can select an existing layout. This can be edited later as needed.
- Select the “Edit Account Schedule” action/
- Begin creating rows for the specific financial elements you want to have in the report.
- Select the “Overview” action to see a preview of the financial report based off of these specifications.
- On the Account Schedule Overview screen, select another column layout in the “Column Layout Name” field to get a preview of the data through other parameters.
- Select the “OK” button.
You have now successfully created a new account schedule in Business Central by defining the foundation of the account schedule, what rows will be showcased, and an existing column layout to illustrate the data through different parameters.
Business Central offers many different tools to allow users to customize and personalize their solutions so that they better fit the needs of their business. If you are interested in learning more about the possibilities of Business Central, contact a consultant at Logan Consulting today!
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology