- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM/Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
Logan Consulting helped a water treatment facility successfully use QXtend to integrate QAD Enterprise Applications version 2010SE.
After being in the water treatment business for over 70 years, our client knows water. Their mission is to deliver high-quality water treatment products that will benefit every part of consumers’ lives. They have seen about every water problem imaginable and have solved these problems to deliver the refreshing, clean and pure water that’s become their hallmark.
This leading water tech has offices in over 75 countries, with 750 Dealerships in the US alone. Their products include Household Water Softeners and Filters, RO Systems, Commercial Water Softeners and Filters, Water & POU Coolers, Water & Salt Delivery Services, Retail Products and In-Store Bottle Water Dispensers. Currently, all dealers are franchised with no Company Owned Dealers. Dealers sell direct to households and businesses. Dealers purchase the majority of their products from corporate.
Under new ownership, a new business model had to be implemented. All company owned dealers (COD’s) in North America were sold to existing franchisees or new franchisees. The number of locations was reduced from 75 to 3. The number of customers in the household business went from approximately 1.5 million to 750. Customer Service and Information Technology had to refocus their efforts to support the 750 franchise dealers, instead of its Company Owned Dealers.
This organization was perceived by its business partners as being difficult to interface with. Recognizing that perception, the company’s Portal (C-Port) project focused on the vision composed of two elements:
- Making this company easy to do business with
- Allowing a central location for all communication and interaction with dealers and customers.
Quite simply, the goal was to develop a dealer portal which would become a convenient, one-stop shop for ALL franchise needs.
The Logan Consulting Solution
In order to address these issues and achieve its goal, the solution was to create a three pronged application infrastructure which would replace the outdated website used by dealers. This site would be tightly integrated with the company’s back office systems, including its ERP system, QAD EA 2010SE. The three tiers would be as follows:
- A new and improved dealer facing web portal (C-Port)
- QXtend integration to and from QAD EA 2010SE
- QAD EA 2010SE master data and order processing
A third party content management system was also utilized to support product and other specific web content used by C-Port. Logan Consulting managed the functional and integration requirements between C-Port and QAD EA 2010SE. This included the functional requirements for the six following QXtend integration points between C-Port and QAD EA 2010SE:
- Item Catalog from QAD to C-Port (file)
- QAD List and Discount Pricing from QAD to C-Port (file)
- Real time order verification after item catalog / shopping cart
- Real time ship-to integration to/from QAD
- Real time order verification and submit from C-Port to QAD
- Real time order and invoice history calls to QAD.
Logan Consulting worked with its business partners to handle all C-Port wireframe development and CPort development and web parts. QXtend was used for all integration between C-Port and QAD EA 2010SE. Ultimately, C-Port could be run on a desktop or laptop computer, smart phones and tablets.
QXtend was chosen in order to provide integration between C-Port and QAD. It was leveraged to send data from QAD to C-Port In XML Format (QXtend Outbound), provide real time inquiry of QAD data for C-Port, encapsulate complex QAD business logic and make it available to C-Port via QXtend inbound SI (Service Interface), and allow C-Port to manage order entry on-line and submit transactions to QAD In real time.
One example of the functional and technical complexities managed in the project was the C-Port Order Verify process. This was the most complex interface for the C-Port integration project. C-Port calls this web service prior to letting the user submit the order. This process executes various logic for order content validation, best pricing, order splitting, default value assignments (including channel codes, trailer codes, trailer amounts, hotline items, etc.), so C-Port can get the data ready for the creation of sales order in QAD.
How was this accomplished?
- Logan Consulting facilitated design sessions to map out the future state requirements to integrate QAD with C-Port.
- Logan Consulting documented and utilized its standard SDLC methodology to execute, test, and implement its QXtend integration changes.
- Logan Consulting executed the project management of the project – tracking all work activities, issues and risks through the project lifecycle
- Logan Consulting managed the relationships and timeline among its third party web developers and QXtend developers.
- Logan Consulting assisted company in testing C-Port to QAD integration and documenting and managing issues throughout the project.
- Logan Consulting supported company in its rollout and post-cutover support
After the initial rollout of the C-Port, QXtend, QAD solution to a small dealer taskforce, an initial rollout was conducted to all US dealers. This included regional dealer roadshows and training sessions, immediately after which the dealers would cut over to live C-Port processing. One dealer noted in an email to the company’s customer service team, “Just wanted to let you know C-PORT rocks!! This is so much easier to order, etc.. I have not needed to call tech support since the introduction/training on CPORT
Improving your insurance claims processing can be easy. Logan Consulting, your Chicago-based consulting firm, has helped clients across the nation find their full potential every day. Stop losing revenue opportunities and start managing your company efficiently. Talk to us and watch your digital transformation begin.