- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM/Sales
- Microsoft Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365 Finance & SCM
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Financial Services
- Professional Services
This company is a manufacturer of custom wire and cable interconnectivity solutions serving the medical, aerospace, energy and industrial industries. For over 40 years, this client has delivered innovative cable solutions and built a global reputation for designing and manufacturing technical custom cables and standard products with no minimum length or order quantity requirements. The company’s US operations are focused at two plants in the U.S., located in Osceola, WI and Santa Teresa, NM.
The client was running a completely custom legacy ERP system that was beginning to impede the company’s ability to grow per its strategic plans. Additionally, there were licensing and cost limitations placed on the business that prevented adding users as the business grew. Lastly, the client is owned by another company, who is a long-time user of QAD’s Standard Edition. Therefore, the client was viewed as a test bed for the implementation of the updated Enterprise Edition.
The client engaged Logan Consulting to manage the project and implement QAD EA 2017EE, working hand-in-hand with one of the company’s project managers and a project team of various subject matter experts.
Logan Consulting and the client developed a strong partnership throughout the implementation project that kicked-off in March 2018 and culminated with both sites going live in May 2019. During mid-2018, a common process model, leveraging industry best practices and standard QAD functionality, was developed that support both sites and also the two main product lines: Wire & Cable and Assembly.
The basic components of the implementation consisted of the following:
- QAD 2017EE for all business processes
- Early-adopter Production Orders functionality which merges / replaces the previous Work Order and Advanced Repetitive modules. This was implemented in mixed mode, with Wire & Cable implemented discrete Production Orders while Assembly implemented scheduled Production Orders.
- Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
- MSW/PSW Scheduling Workbenches
- Item Attributes and Quality
- Automation Solutions for Production Orders and Serialization transactions
- Product Change Control for all engineering change management
- EDI (850, 810, and 856) for the largest Assembly customer
By implementing QAD EA 2017EE, the client was able to recognize the following results and benefits:
- Disposition of the legacy ERP licensing and maintenance while also adding more ERP users in QAD.
- Eliminated the risk of hardware and software failure, a key concern and project driver for the company
- Implemented a common process and transaction set across the two U.S. facilities
- Implemented Serialization, along with Automation Solutions transactions, that allow the client to complete inventory transactions on lot-controlled reels and boxes through a single scan, which will lead to long-term inventory accuracy
- Automated EDI with a major customer replaced a manual process