Update Rollup 8 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Has Been Released!
Posted on: December 21, 2009 | By: SuperUser Account | Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft has released Update Rollup 8 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Server, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Language Pack, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 E-mail Router.
Important to note:
You must have Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 installed to apply this update rollup. Update Rollup 7 is a prerequisite for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration Manager.
Update Rollup 1, Update Rollup 2, Update Rollup 3, Update Rollup 4, Update Rollup 5, Update Rollup 6 and Update Rollup 7 are not prerequisites for the server portion of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
The issues that are resolved in Update Rollup 8 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Update Rollup 8 is a cumulative update rollup that includes all the fixes for the issues that are documented in Update Rollup 1, in Update Rollup 2, in Update Rollup 3, in Update Rollup 4, in Update Rollup 5, Update Rollup 6, and in Update Rollup 7.
Update Rollup 8 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 resolves the following issues:
• When you click the Refresh button to update the grid, items are unexpectedly added on the top of the list.
• EmailForOutlook queries that retrieve data by using the serializable isolation level causes SQL blocking.
• If you have the “Recipient Filtering” feature enabled in Exchange Server and you use SMTP to send e-mail messages from Microsoft Dynamics CRM, some recipients of the e-mail messages may receive multiple copies of the e-mail messages while other may not receive any e-mail message. Also, the e-mail activity will have a status of “Pending Send” and will fail up to 10 times before giving up. This problem occurs if at least one of the recipients on the e-mail messages sent from Microsoft Dynamics CRM is invalid based on the recipient filtering settings in Exchange Server.
• E-mail Router support for Exchange 2010 and for Exchange Web services is added.
• A blue page is displayed instead of the Report Filtering Page when Internet Facing Deployment (IFD) is enabled.
• Consider the following scenario: You add a non-event external dependency before you enable the OnLoad event property of a form. When you try to import the customizations into a different Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization, you receive the following error message:
Error: Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid customization file.
• Users cannot assign activities after the activities are deleted from a queue.
• When you bulk edit records in Microsoft Dynamics CRM, the records that were edited have their Picklist fields or Boolean fields that are not on the form during the bulk edit reverted to the default values specified in the metadata for those Picklist and Boolean attributes. If the records had different values specified before the bulk edit, these values will be lost.
Note This change is made in cached files on the client computers. For this fix to take effect, you have to clear temporary Internet files on the client computer that will be used to access Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
• You can change sent and received e-mail messages by using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Software Development Kit (SDK).
• When you import an organization in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 by using Deployment Manager, the reports that are viewable by everyone in the organization are not viewable by users who only have the user level Read privilege for reports. However, before you import the organization, these same users were able to view the reports.
• The Data Migration Wizard fails when it tries to validate files if the User entity contains a Money type attribute.
• When you design a workflow to generate e-mail messages that have dynamic values and commas, a space is added between the dynamic value and the comma when you open the properties of the e-mail message.
• If you click Resolve Address on a new record in an e-mail activity, an error message that resembles the following occurs if the Duplicate Detection rule is triggered:
FormatException: Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx)
• When the parent record of the closed activity is reassigned, the following exception is logged in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM:
Crm Exception: Message: No user queue with the given object was found, ErrorCode: -2147220969
• When you create a report wizard report that has a grouping for a date time field by using the interval “Week”, and the data for that field in Microsoft Dynamics CRM contains a null value, the report is not generated. In addition, you will receive the following error message:
An error has occurred during report processing. The Group expression for the grouping ‘table0_group1’ contains an error: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime. Parameter name: Value.
• When you import a customization that contains an empty display name, you receive the following error message:
entity: Invalid Argument.
• Attributes of the PartyList type, such as Customer, can be used for sorting in the Associated Views like any standard attribute. However, you may always receive a SqlException that resembles the following:
Invalid column name ‘Customer’. Invalid column name ‘Customer’
• After you install Update Rollup 3 or Update Rollup 4, you cannot add a user to more than one organization in the same deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM if the user exists in a child domain.
• Sales Pipeline Detail Report will not execute correctly for “English (United Kingdom)” formats.
• When you create a report in Microsoft Visual Studio that has a hidden parameter, and then you try to run the report while the client is offline, the hidden parameters are displayed. When you go online again, the parameters are no longer displayed.
• If you change the tracking token prefix to contain a “(” sign, Microsoft Dynamics CRM will not open and the Async service will not function.
• You cannot add columns to the Suspended System Jobs Advanced Find view.
• The address attributes are not customizable for the following entities. These entities have child entities that contains address attributes.
The address information that is stored in the child entities is made available to the parent entity to be displayed on the parent entity form. Because the parent entity allows for the attributes that contain the address data to be customized, there can be differences between the lengths of the fields for the parent entity and the lengths of the fields for the child address entity. To allow more data to be stored in the line1, line2 and line3 attributes for the address in child entities, the lengths for these attributes have been increased from 50 characters to 200 characters.
Therefore, the address attributes of the parent entities, which will contain the line1, line2, and line3 data, can be customized so that the field length can be increased up to 200 characters. Even after you apply Update Rollup 8, the address attributes of child entities cannot be customized. However, the lengths of the line1, line2, and line3 attributes have been increased to accommodate more data.
• You can customize the User entity and increase the maximum length of the street address fields. However, when you do customize a User entity and then edit a user record with a value longer than 50 characters in these fields, you receive the following error message:
An error has occurred.
• Assume that you have many business units, and the business units are made up of a very deep hierarchy. When you try to save changes to a security role in the root business unit, the save operation can take a long time to complete and a time-out may occur. If a time-out error occurs, you will receive the following error message:
An error has occurred.
• When you try to perform a mail merge against an entity by using a Quick Find view in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Web client or in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Outlook, the mail merge fails. This problem occurs if the Quick Find view contains Quick Find columns that are of any of the following types:
• In the Service Activity view of the Service Calendar, service activities are not displayed if their scheduled start time is scheduled before the start date of the display interval. This problem occurs even though the service activities end in the range of the display interval. The same problem also occurs for regular appointments in the Appointment and Service Activity view.
• Multiple event logs that have event IDs of 17411 and 17415 are logged on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server that is running the Async service.
• Consider the following scenarios: You add a custom duration field to a service activity. Then, you open the service activity and change the standard duration field. Next, you click inside the custom duration field and then select or enter a value. In this scenario, the value is not saved in the custom duration field even though you save the service activity. This problem only occurs if you click inside the custom duration field before you specify the value.
• The deletion service cannot clean up a contact when the contact has a 1:N relationship with another activity. The deletion service checks which records should be updated when it deletes parent records. However, when the deletion service tries to update activity entities, such as the Letter entity, the service only updates the activityPointer class and does not update the actual table, such as the LetterExtensionBase table.
• Microsoft Dynamics CRM is updated to be compatible with the update that is described in the following Knowledge Base article:
976098 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976098/December 2009 cumulative time zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems
• When you try to populate an imported Microsoft Dynamics CRM organization in Deployment Manager, you receive the following error message:
The Import Organization wizard cannot connect to the SQL Server or cannot find an organization database on [SERVERNAME]. Verify that the server name in the SQL Server box is correct and that the computer is running Microsoft SQL Server where an organization database is stored
This problem occurs if a third-party database that contains a table with the name “OrganizationBase” exists on the same SQL server that you connect to.
• After you create a report in the Report Wizard, you receive an error message when you try to run the report:
An error has occurred during report processing. Query execution failed for data set ‘DSMain’.
• After you apply Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you receive the following error message when you modify the Outlook tab in the System Settings view:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM has encountered an error.
• If you go offline before the Address Book Provider (ABP) subscription is created, you cannot go back online in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook.
• You cannot log on to Data Migration Manager after you uninstall Update Rollup 7.
• The translation of “customer” is inconsistent in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Serbian Language Pack. “Kupac” is used when you convert an activity to a case or opportunity. “Klijent” is used in a new case.
• After you install Update Rollup 7, you cannot enable the DelegateMailboxEnabled feature. Even if you create the DWORD DelegateMailboxEnabled registry entry under HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftMSCRM, and then set the value to 1 to enable the feature, you cannot track items in Microsoft Dynamics CRM which exist in a shared calendar, task folder, or contact folder in Outlook.
• Images embedded in the body of tracked Microsoft Dynamics CRM e-mail messages can no longer be downloaded after you apply Update Rollup 7.
How to Double your ROI with Cloud Solutions
Top 10 Inventory & Operations Decisions Distributors Are Making Blind
2020 Nucleus Research Report on ERP Technology